Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I can explain that, somewhat...



I was out puttering around in the yard a week or so ago, and looked down at my feets to discover that I had on two different shoes. Not to worry... as you know - the joke is that I have another pair just like that in my closet. Ha,ha, ha. I was obviously taking photos of something that has since turned up on the blog, (thanks to a group effort), and with the camera in my hand, thought I should preserve the shoe foolishness  for posterity.

Obviously another example of what happens when a person gets dressed in the dark. And to tell the absolute truth, that is not the First Time something of this sort has occurred. Several years ago, when I had an early a.m. appointment at the Women's Health Center, I looked down as I was leaving and discovered a pair of clogs similar to what you see in the photo. And hoped no one else had noticed. Pretty much mortified by the idea that I would leave the house so inappropriately dressed. Which means Nothing anymore: after seeing people who appeared to be completely sane, and perfectly capable shopping - out there in public - in their pajamas, I occasionally remind myself I should not be surprised by Anything... but continue to be amazed.

As with the adult male I observed on Sunday, shopping for groceries. Wearing the top as well as the bottom half of a set of of red, plaid flannel p.j.'s. He was Most Definitely old enough to know better, so I guess he has been placidly observing the current style: as his children dress for bed and then go out the door, ignorantly accepting, and calmly deciding: it is 'appropriate' for everyone anymore...as Emily Post of refined taste/good manners spins in her grave...

And the last tale I will tell on myself: years ago, when kids were still in high school, and I had a job one day as a substitute teacher. I looked down at my feet in amazement,  halfway through the school day. Astounded to discover: although my sneakers were pretty much the same color and style - I had actually put on shoes from two different pair. Once again: at home what did I find in my  closet? Another set, just like the ones I was wearing, but for different feets!

No comments:

Post a Comment