Monday, June 10, 2013

another update on millipede reproduction

I think just maybe, I possibly might have the upper hand: I only swept about fifty today. But honestly, did not have to gumption to go out the front door and see what sort of population explosion has occurred around the door frame. I noticed a mushroom, really interesting: big round flat red top, growing in the mulch in that corner bed that never gets full sun, so I have obviously been doing an excellent job of keeping it well watered.

I've decided to put all the ones, deceased or still wiggling, I get up off the floor into the basin of water previously described. I know I'm not being 'Water wise', with all that flushing to eliminate the little Home Invaders, so I thought about putting some water in a jar and dumping them there - but the idea of a jar full of things I would like to never see again - just sitting around in my kitchen is more distasteful than a few extra flushes.

Looked for some alternative bug spray when we were at wallyworld yesterday, and did not see anything that might be more appropriate than the inappropriate (and generally ineffective) ones I have already tried. I'll go to Tractor Supply today: if they don't have it, I'm sure they'll say 'you don't need it'. Which is a major untruth, as I know those dang creepy-crawlies are still out there in the mulch, misbehaving and industriously  procreating like...frogs? rabbits? millipedes?

No comments:

Post a Comment