Wednesday, June 12, 2013

deceased millipedes are crunchy...

I went to south GA on Tuesday afternoon, so did not have to joy-filled opportunity to sweep the kitchen floor this morning. I don't know how many there were at the crack of dawn. I do know that when I came in late this afternoon, I swept up a couple dozen that were already curli-cued and thoroughly dead. I put them through 'water torture' (with a quick flush) just to be certain they won't be the ones I will be sweeping up on the morrow.

I went to sit with P. at the dining table while he was eating. And noticed several more on the floor there. He asked me what a dark (moving) spot on the wall could be, and since I've been gone out of town, while he has been here inhabiting the house, I asked him what he thought? He finally got up and went to inspect, with a paper napkin in his hand. While I was hoping he would not make a nasty spot on the wall - he got close enough to decide it was a pair of lady bugs - one of which was obviously not a 'lady' as he said they were mating. I insisted he not disturb them. But allowed as how, had they been millipedes I would encourage interrupting their amorous behavior.

Later when I went to pick up the curled up millipedes, and look for the ladybugs he said where on the floor to put them outside, I could not find the loving pair. And then looked on a chair leg, to find a red spider? So I guess what he thought was a pair of bugs doing the nasty, was really a two-part arachnid instead. I am sure I did not want to touch it, so hope it did not invite his girlfriend in with him to set up housekeeping under our dining room table.


No comments:

Post a Comment