Thursday, May 1, 2014

wurkin'...

...all week. Until they won't let me come back. I've gotten so close to forty hours (getting into overtime of forty hours and one minute is a huge no-no with corporate), they sent me home. I am tired, and tired of having to get up to be at work at 6:00 a.m. But then, on the other hand - thankful to be employed and doubly thankful to be working for a manager who is pleasant, congenial, easy-going, hands-off, understanding that we've all been trained and perfectly capable of doing our jobs.

But I know I will be glad of the funds when I get a paycheck for all this extra time I've put in. It was be very handy when I have to pay for the nearly $500 worth of new tires I put on my little Toyo. Necessary to keep me on the go. Coming to a location near you, very soon....

If you have been reading this over time, you are aware of my insight into the 'time vs $$$' conundrum. It never seems to coincide in one of those fabled serendipitous moments. You either have the time to do things that you enjoy, be with people or go places that are assured of feeding your spirit. Or you have the financial resources to be able to afford to have good fun with those folk/in those places. It is so sadly seldom that the time and cash coincide: but when they do, you better take lots of photos!  And enjoy those fruity drinks with paper umbrellas while you sit with your toes in the sand....

No comments:

Post a Comment