Wednesday, May 7, 2014

a quik trip to La Grange

I somehow got myself in this situation where I was a do-gooder today. The church receptionist called me over a month ago, asking if I might be available to help out with a logistical problem. This person, TB, had contacted her with a need for a driver, and did not know where to seek help. (I probably need to practice 'No' more often). She is someone I do not know, but attend church with, who reported she was in need of a driver to help her get back home after minor surgery in La Grange. About half-an-hour drive up the interstate. Probably from too much keyboarding, TB was having hand surgery, and due as much to anesthetic as the hand being indisposed, she was told she had to have a driver available, waiting in the building for her to be discharged.

So I spent the better part of my day sitting in the waiting space at the Emory Orthopedic Clinic on the west side of town, waiting for her to be released. It was a pretty day for a drive in the country, with honeysuckle blooming along the fence rows.  And the beautiful nuisance privet shrubs blooming where they have reseeded and volunteered in the woods, smelling most fragrant. I tied bows for the Girl Scout corsages while I was waiting. So they can grace the Awarded young ladies of eastern TN when they receive their Gold and Silver pins and certificates in a week or so.

TB was scheduled for the surgery at 11, then got a call on Tues to ask if she could be there at 10 instead. So we left about 9:30 and got back to town about 2:00. Uneventful trip, but I was hungry as a bear when we returned. I found a can of soup in my backseat, located a spoon, and ate it straight from the can. That hungry? Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment