Friday, May 16, 2014

happy daughter day....



...which is Mother's Day in reverse. I worked a lot last week, unpacked a lot of cases of pretty plants. Boxes and boxes of hydrangeas, bulb plants like tulips, hyacinths, Asiatic lily, calla lilies in colors I have never seen before, azaleas that had been groomed and shaped into mini-trees as topiaries, colorful rhododendron, loaded with blooms just beginning to open up. Lots of green plants that I randomly added satin bows to, in hopes of selling for someone who was desperate to not go to see their mom empty-handed.

Some of the big lily plants were nearly $25 each. Big beautiful plants with three stalks in each pot, and several of those big, fragrant blooms on each stalk. Even though I do not think I am normally a person who does frivolous stuff, I bought three.  Knowing that after they bloom out, the bulbs can be planted outdoors to rebloom year after year.  Gave two of them to daughters, and said 'I am so thankful for you". And the other one to my friend PC, just because she is a mom too.

Those lilies smell so wonderful, I hope the people who got those pots of aromatic blooms have that delightful odor wafting throughout their houses. If the cats have not gotten so curious, interested in that unusual aroma, the blooms got shredded as soon as the plant got in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment