Saturday, May 10, 2014

more cats, part 2

I tried to call Animal Control yesterday, to get some info about how I might relocate the new-found family that set up housekeeping under the AC condenser unit behind the house. And got a recording indicating they were closed for the day. The message said the facility keeps short business hours, so they can be open six days a week. They are open 10-4 Monday through Saturday, so I called back again this  morning.

And as you would expect from some one who seems to have a family motto of 'Murphy's Law', the people I needed to talk with are not there on Saturday. The machine answered, when I chose option # 4, so I left my message. The recording indicated that the people who would deal with 'free roaming' cats will return my call. I was quite amused by the fact that they are not called 'feral' or 'stray', but the more politically correct term of 'free roaming' - which is nuts, as that is what cats do regardless... along with being genetically programed to ignore you when you call them, want to get their attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment