Thursday, May 22, 2014

travelin'....part 2

When I was getting myself organized, packed up to take flight to VA., I remembered I had several framed pictures I wanted to get to those people who live far away. And thought I could use some bubble wrap to keep them safe and put them in my suitcase to take with me on the airplane. Then I began to wonder, worry if the TSA people would take the family mementos away from me when I was trying to get through the check in.  I was so sure they would not allow me to travel with that dangerous, breakable stuff,  that I kept thinking, expecting I would have to give them up when they demanded to look in my little wheeled suitcase.

I must have asked at least five people about them, and they were all remarkably unconcerned about my taking frames, with glass, on the plane. I would not have let me board the airplane with such risky contraband. And wonder if they have gotten so jaded over time they are not looking closely enough at stuff that passes through the scanner. I am still surprised they did not even bother to actually look at what was in there.

So after feeling like I have skated through the inspectors, smuggling illegal materials - I'm willing to push my luck and try to take agricultural products through now. I have purchased some plants at a little farmer's market I plan to take back to GA. And some untreated/highly dangerous wildflowers I pulled up along the way....even worse, making me a common criminal, for certain: a bloomed out flower head I pinched at the farmer's market with some seeds I will try to get started for new color of daisy I had lust for, but did not purchase.... Can you post bail if I use my one phone call on you?

No comments:

Post a Comment