Tuesday, May 20, 2014

appropriate behavior...

...in that conversation we had, my daughter and I, about getting to work on time, and showing up ready to work.  She was commenting that many of the people she hires, is responsible for their work activities and behavior, are really ignorant of how they should act. They don't seem to have any sense of the necessity for being prompt.  They are oblivious to routine, run-of-the-mill expectations of employers.  They are consistently inconsistent

They, these teenagers and twenty-somethings seem to be floundering, not taking employment seriously. Just passing the time, apparently of the school of thought : "I was looking for a job when I found this one, so I can always find another?" And don't understand, wondering 'what's the big deal?' when confronted with the fact that coworkers are depending on them. Expecting them to be there, doing their jobs, fulfilling obligations, attending to their duties. And On Time is part of the job.

They don't seem to have an understanding of proper behavior or appropriate wearing apparel for the work place. I see things in my workplace, customers coming in the retail market in clothing that makes me wonder if they have mothers. Feeling like someone should stop them before they leave the house to make them look in a mirror and say: "Really? Have you thought this through?"

Part of the conversation about our continual amazement at how people will dress and act included the fact that there are obviously people out there who did not get any lessons in basic, common-sensical manners from their moms, grandmothers, caregivers. They do not know it is uncouth to pick one's teeth in public. (I apparently married one of these.). They are not aware it is bad behavior to belch and fart in public, especially in dining establishments. They never had anyone tell them: 'You are not properly dressed if you wear short-shorts to work'. I could go on....

No comments:

Post a Comment