Saturday, May 6, 2017

hope you will laugh...

...when you get to the end. I told this story this afternoon, and found it so funny, it took me a while to get it out. It will go under the heading of 'telling tales on myself'. You may recall a recent story about something either sad or hilarious I was willing to tell on myself: how I had gotten to the point that it was not mortifyingly embarrassing to share foolish behavior. Of greater value to have a story to share, hoping to be entertained by my confessions.

I was supposed to be at work at 5 a.m., so I set my phone alarm to go off at 4 o'clock to insure ample time to be standing at the time clock at five. I had been to a movie ("Hidden Figures") with a friend, so was late getting home, therefore later than usual getting into bed. I startled awake, looked at the clock and thought: 'Oh, @#$%!' Jumped out of bed and into my work clothes. Put on shoes, brushed teeth and headed out the door. I was actually in the carport when I looked at my watch: 12:30 a.m.

Needless to say, I said another bad word. Unlocked the door and went back in the house. It had only been an hour or s since I had put on my pajamas. And woke totally confused, jumped into work wear and dashed out the door. I decided not to undress and put my pj's back on, but thought I would just go back to bed in my clothes, thereby saving time when I got up at 4 a.m.

How clever is that? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment