Tuesday, March 3, 2015

whoops...

....I thought I was getting up this morning to drive to south GA. And got a call from doctor's office  yesterday about an appointment at 10:45 today  So rats. And best laid plans....I had it on my calendar, squished in with all the other obligations and events that occupy my time. It was simply overlooked, smooshed in between other things that are more interesting, attractive or necessary.

Plus the dr. appt. is in Alabama. I found a female dr. in Montgomery through info. from an acquaintance at church, so after getting established (meaning making the trip about once every three months for the first year), I now drive over once a year. To be poked at, questioned, make a blood donation to check for proper levels of chemicals, get a new Rx and go on my merry way.

I thought, vaguely considered the possibility of going from Montgomery to south GA. But quickly discarded that proposal as ridiculous. It looks to me like about five hours of driving, which my damaged back, bad kneed and normally pleasant disposition could not tolerate.

Plus I have yet to put the frosting on the carrot cake, due to the fact that I discovered: no confectioner's sugar when I took it out of the oven, placed on racks to cool. Decided that was not worth  making the drive to get a bag of sugar, so bought it when I went to work on Monday. And will get that done this  morning. As well as make a run to the north side of town with a small grocery order for the church. If I don't get there this morning, it would probably be Friday, and if I put it off too long, it will either get much longer, or might not get done at all, so best to get it over with today...

No comments:

Post a Comment