Monday, March 23, 2015

cookin'at work... (shrimp-y things)

...was certainly not something I would be interested in consuming, but if someone who really loves shrimps would come to visit, I would happily proceed to make my house smell like the store when they are steaming seafood customers. The recipe was really easy, quick to prepare and have on the table for a hungry family. And also very smelly to someone who does not consume seafood.

I did not bring a copy home, so I will just tell you what is involved, what to do. For the specifics and particulars (like how much of what) you can either stop in for taste-test today and Tuesday, or you can go to the website, look it up to see what I might have left out. But basically it was just shrimps and pasta. Like you would get someplace fancy, but when you make it yourself, you can eat in your pjs.

It starts with a bag of frozen shrimps. Really convenient. They are ready to drop in the skillet. The tails have been removed. As well as the other parts you don't want to deal with: shells and de-veining.
So after you dice up several garlic cloves, and pour some olive oil in your pre-heated skillet, you drop in the shrimps. Cook about one minute, then start adding other stuff: diced roasted red peppers (from a jar), chicken stock, butter, a bit of fresh parmesan, seasonings to taste (I'd leave out the red pepper flakes at my house), then stir in a bag of fresh clean spinach to wilt. It will be ready in about the same amount of time it takes to cook the linguini.  Put the linguini on plates, top with shrimp mixture. Serve with a green salad. I didn't add as much seasoning as the recipe wanted, and still got lots of comments about how good it was. Some people passed due to not eating shrimp, and I said: 'me neither'.

I'm going back to do it again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment