Monday, March 23, 2015

a little crisis here...

... which does not affect anyone but me. But I am affected in a hugely annoying way, and it gets more complicated as it goes along. And could easily turn from a small crisis to a health emergency.

It all started with someone replying to my craig's list offering for selling forsythia plants. Which I have been doing off and on for years. With generally poor results. But this person wanted fifteen plants, and at two bucks each, that would be a nice sum. So I went out to dig on Friday night after I got home from work, when it was very close to being too dark to see. I put my camping headlight on, got the shovel and went to root around to get up the plants, plus a couple of spares in the event one or two did not survive transplanting. With spring rains, and the fact that the forsythia is very resilient/tolerant/hardy, I think it will do well.

So I left the plants in a bucket by the front door, for the buyer to pick up on Saturday.

But when I got in my car, ready to go to work with not a minute to spare on Saturday morning at 5:50 a.m., I did not have my keys. I don't actually insert a key anywhere, but the fob has to be on  my person, or close to the car. And it was not. I dashed back in the house, with the key I keep in my car (no keys means no house key either!), and grabbed the  back up fob. And went tearing off to work. To get there at precisely 6:00, heart pounding.

I went out in the underbrush on Saturday afternoon to try to find the missing keys. No luck, though I have not given up entirely. I am sooooo irritated. There is lots of pine straw, leaf mulch, tree trash out there under the huge forsythia bushes where I was digging. Plus I was digging.  So the keys could be underground. Reminding me of the time years ago, my dad buried his eye-glasses in the back yard. Accidently, of course. Never to be found.

I have a very resourceful friend, who has a metal detector, that needs batteries to work. So I will try again, as soon as it gets light enough to see. I am soooo irritated. Annoyed, aggravated, frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment