Sunday, March 1, 2015

bummed....

... though I don't want to take all the responsibility, and know it is not entirely my fault: it still hurts like the dickens. I want to think it's getting better, but have moments when I want to go to bed and pull the covers over my head. Doubtful that would make it feel better, but it's sometimes nice just to retreat from the world, go hide in the closet.

I had a completely unnecessary accident one day last week. And fell on my bum. Landed on my tailbone, which did not need to be injured. I said a bad word, several times, but don't think it was very helpful. The worst part is that I had to go to work, so it got even more worser before I could get home and apply ice. I have been sleeping with a bag of ice every night since. Applied to my lower back, while I have a heating pad under my feet. If that won't confuse your personal thermostat, nothing will.

It is for times like this that we save old, outdated Rx. I have been taking a highest powered OTC pain killer during the day, but decided to scout around for something really strong to take at bedtime. And found a couple of long expired bottles of serious pain-killers that have been very helpful with getting a good night's sleep. Even if they should have been recycled several years ago, and have someone elses' name on the label. Thankful I kept them instead of turning in to be destroyed, when we had one of those 'Save the Chattahoochee River' recycling days.

There's nothing anyone could do: I could go to the Doc-in-a-Box and pay for x-rays and office visit, get a new Rx written with my name on it. And a likely diagnosis of fracture of the tailbone (I cannot spell that word that starts with c and ends with letters at the tail end of the alphabet, and spell check is broken). But that's about all I would get. Nothing to resolve the problem. I think/hope/want to believe it is getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment