Tuesday, March 3, 2015

an amusing additon...

.. to the 'she doesn't mind...' story that I don't mind telling, since it is not me that did the thoughtless thing. I was checking with the admin. assistant at church early this  morning to be sure about an item on the Sam's Club list, having called last night and left a message for her. When she called me back, she was walking out the door of the house, and: naturally as soon as she shut/locked the door, she realized her house/car keys were on the wrong side. Murphy's Law and gravity, still in effect.

So I said: I am headed out the door of my house to go to get the shopping done, so I will come by and run you to work. I'll be there in under ten minutes. Which I did. And as we were going to the church, I told her the story about the daughter who outsmarted herself with putting the keys in the mini-fridge along with her left-overs.

The response from the friend in need of transportation was: they do have a spare key hidden in the yard. But it is in the back yard, where you cannot access. Due to husband deciding they need to keep the gate to the six foot tall wooden privacy fence locked from the inside. So... I asked 'what good is that hidden key?' She just laughed. And said 'fortunately, the keys I need for work I have learned to leave at work, so I won't leave them at home.' (Locked in the house, I might add!)

No comments:

Post a Comment