Friday, March 20, 2015

goin' to Florida...

... got up on Tuesday morning, ready to go to warm, sunny FL. Thinking about people in the mid-west and northeast, still digging snow, and wearing everything they can layer on. Hoping it will be pleasant enough down there to be wearing short-sleeved shirts. Debating as I packed my bag, wondering/wishing I could put on short pants. But not willing to force the brilliant whiteness of my legs on the unsuspecting, unprepared residents and tourists who would be blinded by the sight of pale, albino-appearing unexposed skin.

F. arrived about 9:30 and we were on the road by 10, headed for sunny climes. We stopped in Valdosta for a short visit with her sister, who was at work, and could only spare a few  minutes. Went to purchase deli. sandwiches for lunch, and then on to visit with the auntie. She was expecting me, but not F., so she was surprised and delighted to open the door on a seldom seen niece. We ate our lunch, and headed south.

Arriving in Ocala mid-afternoon, ready for a positional change, after days and weeks riding in the car. Had a nice pleasant time with friends there in central FL, a delicious home-cooked meal, and good sleep. I'm crazy about those people, and sadly, missed a chance to see them when they were visiting in south GA last week, so I am glad I was permitted to invited myself to stop at their house overnight.

Had to get up on Wednesday and on the road, planning to be tourists all day, and leave lots of cash to support the economy. So we ate a bowl of cereal, and got on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment