Tuesday, March 24, 2015

un-crisis here...(alternately titled: a happy ending)

...which makes me sorry I do not have the tech. skills to post the photo of the Happy Dance. Because I was certainly doing it when my keys came back. After fuming and fretting for days over the loss, and already becoming resigned to the fact that I would have to spend hundreds for a replacement to the clicker for unlocking the Toyo.

My friend with the metal detector loaned it, I bought batteries and made a half-hearted out in the  back yard under the forsythia shrubs. I was anxious and a bit fearful of burying the keys even deeper in the leaf mulch or dirt if I started stomping around, or raking or digging. So I was not enthused about the search out there in the woods. I wasn't sure I knew how to use it, and did not know if it was working properly, or maybe it was just me, not knowing how to properly work it. So I told P. I would like for her to come out and supervise/assist to help with the ongoing quandary.

Then there is the 'tick factor' with stomping around in the underbrush. Which is not only anxiety inducing, but actually intimidating though I am generally not so much afraid as annoyed by bugs. And feeling sort of foolish when I consider how fearful I am of something the size of pin head.

My friend agreed to come out after I got off work this aft., and go out with me to help in the search. She is such a smart, capable person, I was sure she would go about it in a methodical, careful organized manner: marking off a grid or some such to be thoroughly thorough. So she came with a gigantic doughnut shaped magnet on a string, that she was sure would attract the keys if they were there, hidden in the leaves and pine straw.

I went back in the house to get the metal detector, after she got started, and lo-and-behold: walking around the corner of the house found the missing aggravating keys lying there on the ground. Yay.
Yay. And yay again, while doing the Happy Dance, to everyone's great amusement.

ThenI had her look at my tick bite, and she said it looked harmless. Her son had Lyme disease years ago, so I was confident she would recognize trouble, and she said it appeared to be ok. So yay again.

No comments:

Post a Comment