Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Obama on the move...

... though I cannot imagine why he feels the need to drum up votes, as he is not allowed to run again.

He was in Selma on Sunday, giving a speech as we marked the 50th Anniversary of the march across the Pettis bridge, as the protesting Black citizens started their march towards Montgomery. I have not seen the movie: 'Selma', and not sure I want to, as I expect that it is fairly accurate in the portrayal of the event. When the police used dogs and nightsticks to stop the march. That's a bit too realistic for me to want to see, voluntarily watch people being mistreated.

And today, I understand he is giving a speech on the campus of GA. Tech. in Atlanta. The daughter who works on campus reported that all her kitchen helpers were expected to be MIA, but not really AWOL. She said she told them hearing the president talk was likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. So if they did not show up to do their jobs in the kitchen today, she would not be surprised at the lack of workers.

So I was wondering: what Mr. Obama would have done between Sunday and Tuesday morning?  If that had been me in Alabama, knowing I planned to be in Atlanta, just a state away from west LA (lower Alabama), and providing my own transportation and living expenses? What would I have done for more-than-24-but-less-than-48 hours? I guess he could do anything he pleased... while I am thinking that after days and days of cold, overcast, gloomy, icy weather, a round of golf in the sunny south would be nice, for a man with all the taxpayers resources at his beck and call.

I'd not want to have to drive to the cold frozen city-state of the District of Columbia (under my own steam, using my own resources), then turn right around and head south again almost immediately to complete the 12-14 hour drive for the speech on Tuesday. Do you think the security team just found some safe house for him to R & R? Closed down a golf course on the gulf coast for him to get in a round or three?  Or parked him at a nearby military base for a couple of nights? I guess this is a WWYD question?

No comments:

Post a Comment