Thursday, March 26, 2015

volunteering today...

...at Callaway Gardens as a helper with the annual spring plant sale. There will be plants available from vendors throughout the southeast, as well as some grown in the Callaway greenhouses. I did this one time before, and was in attendance several days. Which of curse means I brought some sort of green living thing home every day as I roamed around and discovered things in pots that were calling my name.

I hope to keep my plant lust under control today. It remains to be seen whether that ambition will meet with success. Following a quick trip through the garden center at Wally world yesterday. When  my credit card literally jumped out of my pocket and into the little swipey thing that takes your money quicker than you can say 'how much?'

As  much as I love to dig holes and plant things, watch them grow and bloom, I would like think I can resist for one day.  And since today is the only day I could give them, with stuff on my calendar for the remainder of the week, I am mostly certain that I will be resisting temptation... which makes me the eternal optimist, I guess?  Also hoping it will rain at my house, but no where near that leaky circus tent the plant sale is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment