Sunday, March 8, 2015

the most fun...

....I ever had would most definitely involve amusing myself with daughters. I've been thinking on that topic, trying to recall events that might qualify. And have come up with a couple of events that on the surface would appear to observers as not so entertaining, but I'm remembering quite a bit of hilarity.

Several years ago, I was offered the unlikely gift of a few days in a condo. in North Carolina. A distant cousin, someone I rarely see or have contact with, had a time share she could not enjoy, and asked if I wanted to go. As it turned out, a daughter and a friend were invited/able to go along, and we went to the mountains to enjoy a couple of days of fresh air, scenery, pokingaround in little tourist-y shops. I thought it would be great fun to rent golf carts and take in the view on the course. I still remember laughing uproariously as we 'sped' along the paths, likely irritating the golfers who were taking themselves entirely too seriously. Taking turns 'way too fast, flying over bumps in the path, whizzing along at maximum speed (probably 15 mph in a golf cart), careening around the curves and air-borne over hills, highly amused at ourselves.

Another thing that makes me smile: the time we went to Asheville for a weekend to see the tulips blooming at the Biltmore Estate. It was a pleasant trip, the gardens were beautiful, and the house sufficiently stately, and I think we all enjoyed ourselves, especially the part where we went to a wine and chocolate tasting. But the thing I remember being so entertaining was sitting around the table in the rented house where we were staying and playing spoons. With a deck of cards and half a dozen table spoons. Laughing out loud, good-natured complaints by the one who did not pay close enough attention, and got left without a spoon. Great fun, just being together and giggling.

And then there is not much more entertaining than sitting on the couch, laughing at funny pet videos.
As long  as 'there were no animals injured in the making of this film'.

No comments:

Post a Comment