Monday, March 30, 2015

cookin' at work... (seafood-y)

... which is, of course, something I would not eat, so I don't know what it actually tasted like, but all the fish eaters who stopped by to sample the meal reported it was really good.  Likely the quickest to put together of all the things I have prepared since I have been doing the food demo. You make a salad, that I would call 'slaw', with prepped, RTU angle hair cabbage, already sliced in the area where the bagged salads are found in produce department. Then cook fish in about six minutes: ready to eat!

The cabbage dish has radishes, a bit of garlic and onions: both of which I generally avoid, as I do not eat those things raw. And calls for a half of a jalapeno pepper, which I deliberately did not put in, as it would make it completely inedible in my opinion. We are permitted to make slight alterations to the recipes as printed on the cards, as long as we let customers know what we have changed. That way, if they like what they taste enough to want to try it at home, they will know what has been omitted or increased to adjust to the taste buds of for their preference.

The fish was remarkably easy. Seafood people gave me tilapia, though the recipe calls for cod, or any mild white fish. It has garlic, onions, tomatoes cilantro simmered in the skillet with fish, cooked about three minutes on each side. The people who tasted said it was good, and I reminded them of how quickly a fillet will cook, and how easy it would be to put the meal on the table in a short time. If I was to make it at home, I would leave out the cilantro  - sort of overpowering flavor to add to mild-mannered fish.  But it is quick and easy. Most of the recipes are designed to be ready to serve in about thirty minutes, to help busy rushed families get dinner squared away when everyone's been on the run all day.

I'm a little paranoid about constantly reproducing, sharing recipes that would obviously be trademarked, though they are designed to share/give away with copies ready for the taking. Actually laminated, with binders for sale for you to collect the weekly offerings. But if you want to see/try to one I'll be making again today - you can look on line at 'Aprons', or stop by the store between 11 and 8 for a taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment