Friday, March 20, 2015

back to GA...



... discovering you can feel 'jet-lagged' without even getting off  the ground. I was so worn out, I went to just lay down and 'rest my eyes' for a few minutes, which of course, caused me to be up much too late, unable to feel even the remotest bit sleepy.  We had a good trip. I am glad we had the time to go and be tourists, but as we all know, the bestest part of any excursion is getting back home to creature comforts: returning to your own little nest, bed, familiar surroundings of home.

After flopping into bed, exhausted from using our eyes more than any other body part, we got up on Thursday morning and went for a walk. Observing lots of spring flowers blooming and things greening up everywhere.  I packed up some kitchen furnishings in a couple of boxes I had taken for that purpose, but naturally, did not have nearly enough containers for the amount of stuff I wanted to load up in the car. Seems like there will always need to be another trip made. And corollary to Murphy's Law about always having more stuff than you have space to put it in?

We loaded up the boxes, and our belongings, and headed out. Arriving in Columbus soon after noon.
I was mostly worthless the rest of the day, though I seem to always have things that need to be planted. Holes to dig, or if there is nothing in a pot that needs to go in the ground, I can always re-arrange stuff, and dig it up from here, to replant it over there.

I found a request for some forsythia plants when I checked email after being incommunicado for three days. An adv. I had posted on craigs list. So I need to go dig some before I go to work at 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment