Monday, March 9, 2015

what time is it?

...really. No one changed any of the clocks in the house so you have to stop and ponder, try to figure out what time it really is. It is so annoying when the state legislates the time and we have to abide by the laws of suddenly readjusting our internal clocks to be in line with government requirements. Usually an agreeable, law-abiding citizen, this one seems so unnecessary: just a huge annoyance and a major nuisance.

Getting up out of a warm snug bed in the cold is difficult enough, without it seeming to be the middle of the night. When we get to midsummer and it is daylight until after 9, it will be a delight, but right now, sitting here in the darkness, it seems to be so pointless. I read in the paper there are two states that choose to not observe this nutty change: Arizona and something.

When I wake in the middle of the night, I have to look at the digital numbers, think and try to figure out what time it really is? Did we jump up an hour, or back an hour? What time is it and do I need to add or subtract to compensate? Another of the life-hazards of being math-impaired. Having to turn on  my brain in the wee hours when I awake and guess? Do I have time to pull the covers over my head and attempt to return to bliss, or should I go ahead and get started?

Even when I do go around from room to room and do all the resets, I'll still be looking at the numbers and trying to decide... what time is it, really? Making me think about trips to west FL on vacation with kids.  When their appetites are still on eastern time. And you need to put them to bed on eastern time, or they get so weary and cranky they aren't human. Remind me again why this hopping back and forth in time is really necessary?

No comments:

Post a Comment