Wednesday, August 26, 2015

the fish story...

...finished with me smelling so fishy I came home and put my clothes in the washer. I only touched it with my gloved hands, but I guess the cooking and aroma in the air so permeated everything I came out smelling like bait. According to the passers-by it was good. I can't comment.

The recipe said to use any mild-flavored fish, and the seafood dept. supplied cobia. It was not flat like you would think of a fillet, but like little round logs, so took a lot longer to cook that our instructions indicated. I didn't eat any, but am thinking it didn't taste at all like fish. Meaning unless you knew what you were eating, you would not have assumed 'fish'. There was a marinade that has so much stuff in it you poured over, it tasted like all the yummy things in the sauce, instead of something that swims.

The slaw used a bag of shredded cabbage, sautéed in the skillet with garlic and shallots, then you pour in some rice vinegar and toss well. Remove to a bowl and add cashews. Which would be good in a dish consisting of nothing more than tree-trimmings. So overall they were very complimentary - though there were quite a few who declined. Including me.

No comments:

Post a Comment