Sunday, August 16, 2015

items on my urpy food list...

...of things I hope I never accidently put in my mouth again will probably surprise you, as some are things that are commonly found to delight one's taste buds. But I have gotten to the point in my life that, finally, after all these years, there is no reason to eat things I do not like. Not even to please other people, or to be a button busting member of the Clean Plate Club.

In addition to not caring if I never eat another chocolate chip cookie (unless someone should offer it in the form of ice cream - also fond of moose track or there is any un-cooked dough sitting around in the fridge), there are other things I can politely decline. I have never cared for coconut, in any form. Cake nor cookies, or that traditional holiday treat: ambrosia with fresh citrus fruit slices.  Or, oh horrors: macaroons!  I have definitely eaten my share as a child when I knew I should use my manners and not decline but have honestly never liked it.

I have probably eaten hundreds of boxes of Cracker Jacks. I guess because it was sweet, and a treat. Plus there was guaranteed to be something wonderful in the bottom of the box. It's I find just thinking about it to be: nasty, messy, sticky, 'way too sugar-y, and the prizes are sadly worthless junk.

Marshmallows. Not even in s'mores. Not even charred in the ashes of the campfire. I will gladly cook one for anyone who wants it, but I do not want to even think of putting one in my mouth. Too sweet, especially when sandwiched in between Hershey bar and graham cracker, all gooey and stuck together.

There are others - but it is late and I am tired after working on my feets for ten hours today, so good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment