Monday, August 24, 2015

cookin'...

... in a different place today, due to someone being out. I got a call on Friday, asking if I could replace someone at another store today. Though I had a bit of finagaling to swap work days and be off on Sat., agreeing to work on Monday instead, it all worked out. I will go to replace the replacement at the Macon Rd. store, who has been working full time while the regular cooking demo. person is on vacation. This all sounds confusing, especially when not using names to identify individuals.

But all it really amounts to is working more hours than expected/scheduled this week, and getting a bigger paycheck in two weeks as a result of extra time on the job. When I consider how exhausted I will be after standing on my feets, giving away food while smiling, being congenial, looking like I love my job, for eight hours, it's not certain the pay off is worth the investment.

Especially after that 'situation' occurring back early in the year, where I was informed I could expect a considerable pay cut due to a change in my 'job class'. Even though it will be a fruitless endeavor, I feel compelled to have another conversation related to the loss of remuneration. I likely think more highly of myself than my employer does, but keeping opinions to oneself will not resolve the problem. I am in hopes that 'the squeaky wheel continues to get the grease'.

No comments:

Post a Comment