Saturday, August 29, 2015

just 'la-de-dah-ing' around the house...

...with the attitude that I had all the time in the world to get myself dressed and out the door, off to work. I knew I would be cooking fish again today: thankfully that's the end of this recipe that caused me to come home smelling like yesterdays' left-over bait, similar to the arresting aroma of fish market when I was a kid.

Continually checking  my watch, to be sure to leave the house in ample time. For getting to work at 11:00. When suddenly I remembered that the cooking demo. starts at ten o'clock!!! An hour earlier on Saturday and Sunday, instead of the usual eleven on week days.

I'd been just roaming around, writing some notes, wandering from one end to the other. Puttering about in my sleepwear, remarkably unconcerned about getting dressed and brushed and into action. When I suddenly looked at the time and said: holy cow! I have to be there in thirty five minutes, instead of an hour and thirty five. So dashing to and fro, thinking: 'did I leave my shoes in the car?' and 'where's my name tag?' Brushing teeth and slapping my face on to tear out the door and get there with a margin of safety.

It all worked out, and I don't regret the la-de-dah-ing, as I had been meaning to write notes, get some corresponding done, stamped, sealed and in the mail. But already dreading the morrow, when the clock in time is 6:00 a.m. Guess in need to get started on my resting up....

1 comment:

  1. So you almost DID get in trouble for la-de-dahing around...?

    ReplyDelete