Friday, August 14, 2015

drivin' in the dark...

...due to a late start home from Decatur. Where I enjoyed spending the day in a highly non-productive mode. And did not remember until I got home just now, and open up the back of my car: part of the reason I planned on going was that box of flotsam and jetsam. Stuff from my parents house that was either too valuable or too trivial to donate to the thrift shop.

Sadly, a huge truckload of furniture went to the non-profit down in south Ga that provides low cost basic necessities to people in need. Or the lucky soul who shows up at the shop when the truck is being unloaded. I didn't really intend to be so profoundly generous but you can only wear the weight around your neck for so long before you realize it is dragging you under...

The box full of carefully wrapped collectibles, memorabilia and antiquities is still sitting in my car, right where I put it early in the week. When I planned that we would take photos and post on line to try to sell some of the cute little tzochkies I don't know what to do with. Daughters have very specifically said Do Not Bring Anything Else To My House. But I am hoping the idea of stuff that is just 'passing through' is acceptable?  I do want to get rid of it, but currently not badly enough to donate to the thrift store. And sincerely believe someone (who is not me) will find these little bits of history so endearing and precious they will find a place in their hearts and homes for dust-catchers to sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment