Friday, August 14, 2015

swimmin'...

...takin' the day off to be totally non productive. I have been swimming for the first time in at least a year. Pretty strange, considering how much I used to like it. It seems to take more effort to get organized and to the pool than I am willing to invest.

I have a membership at the Y, so I could go six days a week, were I to be inclined to motivate myself to get there and change clothes twice. But, sadly, have not been in a couple of years. The man who pays for the membership occasionally reminds me/reports that his checking account is being charged each month for the fee. Wondering why I don't use it. Though I told him months ago: you can pay it or not pay it, but you are Not Allowed to remind me about it over and over again. 

I just did, had a great time. The water was cold, but the day was bright and sunny, so it did not take long to get  hot enough to make the adjustment. I am not a proponent of 'inching' into cold water- might as well just go ahead and jump, definitely of the Do It and Be Done With It persuasion. Initially unbearable, but you just gotta' stay in motion, keep moving and eventually you either get used to it or your nervous system shuts down and you are so numb it doesn't hurt any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment