Friday, August 21, 2015

the early bird...

...is not at all interested in worms: I swept the floor first thing this morning. Between the living and the dead,  I put a dozen millipedes in the trash. With intentions to get the floor mopped last weekend, I waited so long after sweeping a week ago, I had to do it again today. But Yes, It is Clean Enough to Eat On.

I have to go into pick up a man I have never met, and his wife, to get him to an appointment at a doctor's office this morning. It is part of the program I have volunteered for with the American Cancer Society where individuals provide transportation to patients who need assistance with travel. All the other people I have been a driver for were going to the local center for treatment. The name of the facility is the John B. Amos Cancer Center, so it is commonly known by the acronym of Jbacc (Jay-back). I am assuming the man today has a problem with his unmentionables as the appointment is at the Urologist's office.

I expect to devote about an hour or so of my time to this, but have never had a 'rider' go along. It should be interesting. I am wondering how 'chatty' she will be, but expect she will go in with him to the appointment, so I am taking my book while I sit and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment