Friday, August 14, 2015

cookin at work...

...though it does not precisely qualify as 'cooking' it was pretty interesting. Not necessarily delicious or appealing, so you see that 'interesting' can apply to lots of things that you are not at all certain whether they are good or thoroughly distasteful. As my mom would say: "covers a multitude of sins".

The recipe was for a cold soup, so I guess you could describe it as a gazpacho sort of item. Being very fond of soups, I should like it - but due to the color could not bring myself to put it in my mouth. It was sort of a sea-foam green. I  did not expect all the ingredients to readily fit into the small cannister we have for the blender at work. And was surprised when it all did go so I could screw the lid on and puree.

Ingredients included a cup of honeydew melon, one half of an English cucumber, diced green onions, jalapeno pepper...so you can imagine how green it was. There are several more ingredients, considerably more complicated than the pork loin on the same recipe card, but I don't recall.  When you serve it you put a little dollop of yogurt on top. Mostly, they said it was surprisingly tasty - but some simply declined to even taste. (That would be me!) It does not look like something I would enjoy, but lots of tasters reported it was a good dip for the pork roast on their little sample plates...

No comments:

Post a Comment