Monday, August 24, 2015

cookin' at work....

...today. A recipe I made five times, and will make three more times tomorrow. I guess it was good - all the tasters said it was yummy, but I did not put any in my mouth. Due to the fact that basically the only two ingredients in the meat dish was pork roast and a can of seasoned black beans. You use one of those RTU heat-and-eat refrigerated vacuum packed meats and just add the can of beans and a couple of tablespoons of sofrito sauce. Some one who tasted the sauce today said it was flavored more like an Italian dish than something Latino. Just passing along the things I heard from all the people who ate it.

You just mix together and heat in the microwave, serve over rice. Or you could drain the beans so there is not so much juice in the dish when you heat it, and roll  it up in flour tortillas. There was also a green salad that lots of people commented on, probably to the fresh lime juice you added to the dressing, and the tablespoon of chopped up fresh cilantro that went into the mix.

It was good (according to the passers-by) and tasty. I could not make myself put the pork in my mouth, but brought a small container of left-over home for the guy who will eat anything to try. I will be making it again tomorrow at the store where I normally work, and have the recipe pretty much memorized.

No comments:

Post a Comment