Friday, August 14, 2015

free to a good home: millipedes...

...but not at my house. I thought we were done with that, when a daughter convinced me that they were coming in through a crack in the foundation of the house.. Semi-convinced, we sprayed where she thought the most likely entrance was located. Admittedly there were practically, nearly none for a while. So the plan did have merit.

I find them in the most unlikely places, all over the house. Curled up, crispy little dots, scattered  down the hall. In the corners in the living room. Along the baseboards in the bedrooms. Little curlicues, on the tile floor in the bathroom, where they ran out of steam, and thought: this is a good place to die.

But they are back with a vengeance. I think it might have something to do with the weather? We have had several good drenching rains in recent weeks, and I am convinced they breed/incubate when there is a lot of moisture. At any rate, I swept over a dozen up one morning this week. Perhaps it is time to spray that most likely crack in the pantry again...

No comments:

Post a Comment