Thursday, August 20, 2015

one hundred o'clock...

... was what happened when I woke up in the middle of the night. Naturally I had no idea what time it was, so when I looked at the digital clock I can see on a table at the foot of the bed, the green numbers said it was one hundred. I was so profoundly confused, and could not figure out what that meant. I had never known it to be one hundred o'clock before and was completely baffled as to what I was supposed to be doing or thinking as a result of it being such an unusual time.

Then of course, I figured out what I was really looking at was 1:00 a.m. And now I feel really doofus. There is no telling how many times in my life I have looked at a clock, not necessarily digital, when the minute hand was perfectly on the 12. Making the time precisely on the hour.  Not so bad on a clock with numerals and hands that inch around the dial endlessly.

But for whatever reason, I was thoroughly perplexed by the clock telling me it was one hundred. Possibly having something to do with my poor eyesight, and not having vision clear enough to see the dots between the numeral one and the two zeros.  I guess it could have just as easily had me believing the time was  two hundred or four hundred, but there I was trying to decide what to do about it being one hundred o'clock. Thoroughly confused, and now feeling like a total dimwit.

No comments:

Post a Comment