Tuesday, January 28, 2014

the weatherman said...

...we should expect snow today. When I left home to go to work, it was remarkably warm - not the kind of cold you would think could contain frosty little flakes. But it has got progressively colder through out the day. To the point that there were icicles on my car when I left the store mid-afternoon. It was considerably colder, and wet, but only a sort of light, misting rain. I still had my doubts about the accuracy of the forecast, until I got to my car - discovering there were little inch long icicles hanging from my outside mirrors.  Then when I started up the car, and thought I should turn on the wipers to clear off the windshield, it wasn't water, and the wipers had little dangling icicles too!

I was expecting to go to Decatur tomorrow, then thought: I should go on today, before the roads get icy, as I am sure they will be in the morning before daylight. But have now decided to Not Go at all. Sad, because I was looking forward to spending the day on E. street. Hoping that the roads to the north would not be as dangerous, and I could make the planned trip to SC on Thurs to visit my pen pal. But I will have to postpone all that - I'm not getting out in that stuff: slick roads, slippery driving, slushy mess. Warm and dry here, though as it continues to rain lightly out there, there are icicles hanging off the edge of the roof, and I am sure all the tree branches as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment