Sunday, January 12, 2014

248...

I woke up about 5:30, knowing I would be making an early morning drive. I had to go to work today, and had to drive 248 miles to get there. Yea, I know -sounds like a long commute to me too! The sort of thing that would make you say: 'you either  need to move or find a more convenient job, as you seem to be spending all your income on transportation'. I couldn't agree more. If jobs were not so scarce, I would probably be putting out some feelers. But under the circumstances, not sure that I even want more of the aggravation that is associated with employment.

I went to bed in Chattanooga, around 9:00 on Saturday - early, I know - but that would ensure I would also wake up early. And knowing that I would have to drive such a distance in order to get to work, expected to jump into my clothes and get on the road. There was remarkably little traffic on the interstate going south towards Atlanta, and surprisingly sparse traffic in the metro area. I guess that would be the reward for getting up before the crack of dawn on Sunday morning to make the trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment