Monday, January 27, 2014

a bit redundant...

This will be a bit redundant, since I started it yesterday, before the one you just read. But in the same vein in which it was written, hopefully you will take as observation, rather than complaint, or worse; whining. I have very little tolerance for adults who do that, so if it seems to be inching toward that 'W' end of the scale, please let me know, and I will delete immediately. In kids - maybe  just a little, as I know they have not learned the social behaviors adults shouldobserve/have absorbed: whining is unacceptable. (Should I apply for the Miss Manners position when she retires?)

Every time someone here mumbles about the bill from the cable company, I offer to call them and have it discontinued - I don't want it. I don't watch TV, so I would certainly not miss having it, and would especially not be sad to not be paying a cable bill every month, for something I DO NOT use. I've also been suggesting when he does call the cable company (which would never happen as TV is both mesmerizing and addictive) that he discontinue the telephone service. The reason that has not happened is the price is discounted for the 'bundle' - which still does not make much sense - to pay for something you don't use- doesn't matter how much they discount - if you don't use/need it,why pay at all?

Amazingly, the call was recently made and apparently was remarkably painless - no home phone.

I had also been lobbying to get wireless service for computer. Now that I have a new one, nifty little laptop, I hope we can eliminate the computer line. Which will leave us with only the TV cable service on the monthly bill.  Even though he won't get that 'bargain' bundle price, I'm thinking it should be a whole lot less than paying for three different services. One should be less expensive, right?

I will need some tech support to get some of the things I have savaed over the years out of the CPU memory, and put on something more portable than a thirty pound brain. Then we can eliminate the cost of monthly billing for an additional computer line. Next you can help me fiture out some way to get rid of the cable bill. There ought to be some way to do that wirelessly as well. I know we could never get rid of the television - if he had his way, there would be one in every room in the house. If I had mine - it would be sitting out on the street waiting for the trash truck. And there is some benefit to being mesmerized - not sure what, but I know there must be some purpose/point to all that stuff that is beamed into a gazillion homes around the clock- influencing every facet of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment