Friday, January 24, 2014

dang.it's coooollldddd...

I've been at home all day. Indoors, wearing lots of clothing. Oddly, the only time I have been outside was early this morning. When I was wearing pajamas and robe and slippers to take the trash out to the street: completely under dressed for below 32 degree weather, and then came in and put on layers to protect my cold bones after I got back in the house.

I'm thinking of going for a walk: it's so pretty and sunny out there, but I know that the bright sunshine can be very deceiving, so will add  a few more layers before I head out. Strange that I would have a day on my calendar with nothing to do...how completely out of character!

I have been stirring through some of the stuff on top of the dresser the burgling guys tossed around. Looking at an assortment of jewelry and junk. I don't think that dresser had been dusted in a couple of years, so it was pretty impressive when I dug down to the surface. I have several different piles of stuff: close relatives should get prepared for surprises! Plus a bag of broken/damaged stuff I will take to my favorite jeweler to see if any has value for salvage - that would be a bonus. Along with the bag I have filled that will go to the thrift shop for recycling. I have on several bracelets I unearthed in the tangle, that I had forgot about, and will enjoy wearing until the people at my workplace give me grief about my decorations. It's been an interesting afternoon...

I did go for the walk - and invited a neighbor's dog to go along. She really enjoyed herself. And is probably already lying in the sun, taking a nap to get over all that unaccustomed exercise... which sounds like a pretty good idea, as I think we walked about three miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment