Thursday, January 23, 2014

college football... hoo-rah....

I have been clipping articles from our newspaper, saving info.from the sports section for weeks, sending to fans of Auburn and Alabama college football. I am not to be confused with anyone resembling a 'fan', of any sport, though I will hesitate as I pass through the room if there is figure skating going on. (Amazing! Think of the years of cold, solitary practice they invest!)  But I do have people in my life that might occasionally get a bit obsessive about their chosen teams, located in a the state, adjacent, to the west of Georgia.

So I have been, in a very casual, haphazard manner, randomly observing and snipping articles about the two competitors and mailing to the people in my life who can get a little crazy during football season. And thinking to myself: I will be glad when this is over, and I can quit paying attention to the sports section, stop saving articles.  I've discovered it's not just the 'weight' of an envelope that makes extra postage necessary, often times it is the bulk - when I fold up a pile of clippings and make the envelope so fat, the post office wants extra to deliver, even though it's undernourished/underweight.

But here I sit, with typing away, with my keyboard on a one inch high stack of newspaper. Waiting for me to go through with my scissors, and eviscerate. Gather up all the articles about players from University of Alabama, or Auburn - moving on to the pros, being disciplined for infractions, class attendance, health issues... I thought things would quiet down after the bowl games? But no - there is always something going on. And as you know: Inquring Minds Want to Know!

No comments:

Post a Comment