Friday, October 30, 2015

pre-Halloween planning...

... is a result of me asking the store manager if I should put on my clown suit and red nose and spend several hours at the store when kids come in costume to garner buckets of sweets. I found it in the closet yesterday, and put it in the washer to 'freshen' before I wear it tomorrow. Maybe no one will notice it was made from colorful, printed bed sheets I found at the yard sale.

I also have a red plastic nose I hope I can find to put on. But no brightly colored wig to make the clowning complete. There were several teachers at the school where I was working today that were dressed up in colorful fake hair, and one told me to go to Party City. Which won't happen before Sat.

The kids at the school were in costumes. But not really 'Halloween' outfits, though many might have been mistaken as such. One of the teachers told me that the only way the kids could wear costumes if if they were representing a character from a story. The had to read a book, write a book report, and come up with the outfit that represented one of the people from the book. You'd have a lot of choices with all the childrens books currently on library shelves - but you could not just jump into a Spiderman or Cinderella/Disney Princess costume without some preparation. Pretty good idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment