Wednesday, October 28, 2015

just thinkin'...

...that with cooler weather the occasional millipede invasion is over until spring. But I looked askance on the wall in the corner, just mere feet from where I am sitting and saw a Huge Slug. Which for those who might not be aware: is a snail without portable housing. That was most definitely the Biggest Sluggiest Slug I have ever actually put my eyes upon. It was at least half an inch wide, and nearly two inches long.

Needless to say: a) it is no longer in the house and b) I did not touch it. I found a piece of paper and persuaded it to inch itself onto the paper and quickly deposited it outdoors. I was hoping to not 'litter' in the yard, but left it there: slugging, slime-ing it's way across the small slip of paper, not caring where it goes or what it does. As long as it does  not reappear in my house. I know they can make themselves pretty flat and squeeze through a fairly narrow space, something that would look like an unlikely entrance. So that is obviously what occurred here. I would definitely like to know that entry point to prevent it being used in the future. It was remarkably Ick. As well as thoroughly Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment