Thursday, October 15, 2015

peanut butter cookies...

...just made a batch. So good and easy you would not think a recipe with three ingredients would actually 'work', and be successful. I have likely written about this before, but if you are new to reading my ramblings, you will want to know how.

2 cups of baking mix, like Pioneer or Bisquick
3/4 cup peanut butter ( I don't actually measure, just eye-ball it and guess-timate)
1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk - not evaporated (I use store brand, but you may have to   get the Borden brand, with the picture of Elsie the cow on the label)
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring

Mix the peanut butter and milk in a large bowl. You may want to put in microwave for about a minute to  make it easier to stir. Stir in baking mix and vanilla. Blend well. Form into small balls, about one inch in diameter. Place on baking sheet, they don't spread much so you can put fairly close together. Press lightly with tines of a fork to make prints, cross hatch if you like. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to paper bag or wire rack to cool. They will be sort of greasy, so you might want to let them cool on a brown paper shopping bag or paper towels. Makes about five dozen if you don't eat too many before they go in the oven. My friend at work calls them the 'no bake cookies', but what he really means is he knows he can ask me for them, so he doesn't have to make them himself!

I had to make them tonight, to take to work tomorrow. Not for 'Boss' Day', which is, in my opinion, a occasion dreamed up by Hallmark Cards to give us guilt and make everyone buy cards and gifts for a non-event. But taking to give to my friend and co-worker when I tell him we are having an 'anniversary'. It will eighteen years since we met and started working together. I know and can remember it because there are 'benefits' the company pays based on hire/anniversary date, so they don't let you forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment