Monday, October 12, 2015

cookin' at work...(fresh tomato salad with basil)

...oh my goodness. It was so good, I could have eaten the whole dish. And then had to leave work to go home and lay down. But it would have been worth every bite. A salad that went along with hot dish of chicken and ravioli with Alfredo sauce.

The salad made me think of bruschetta, and just thinking about bruschetta makes me smile. So you can imagine how happy my mouth is when I actually put it in and chew. Really happy taste buds.

Dice up three tomatoes, as fresh and juicy as you can find. Mix two tablespoons of  red wine vinegar with two tablespoons of pesto sauce, whisk to blend well, or just diced up fresh basil leaves if it grows at your house. Stir in the tomatoes, and a double handful of crunchy bread salad croutons. Let it sit a bit, for the croutons to soak up the dressing and soften.

In a perfect world you would serve it over greens, like fresh baby spinach leaves or your choice of lettuces.  But you might just have a little 'taste' so many times for quality control, there isn't any left to put over the greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment