Tuesday, July 14, 2015

volunteering...

...today. A group of co-workers are going to do some work with United Way. I'm not sure what the actual work will be, but has to do with a shelter that needs some free labor. I have my paint brush ready, and hope I am remembering the need is for some walls and trim to be painted. I will tell them I am a Trained Professional, and they will look at me with a 'huh?' expression.

I called the person who is doing the recruiting/coordination for the workers who are going to meet at 8:30, hoping to get  more info. about what we will be doing. I'm definitely going to be an inside worker. If there is a need for hole digging or planting or anything to do with landscaping, I will try my best to keep my mouth shut. Plenty of that to do right here, at my house, plus too dang hot to be out there in the miserable heat, sweating and rooting around in the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment