Thursday, July 23, 2015

dull, only marginally interesting...

...will be what you will find here. If you continue, and see that you are reading about my aggravating annoying trials in the world of Rx drugs. I have spent hours and hours on the phone with customer service people, many of whom speak English as a second language. So you can imagine how frustrating it is to have to ask people to repeat things or explain it in a different way, over and over and over. The people at the other end of my quandary often have such heavy accents I can't even understand what they tell me their anglicized names are, so they have to spell that, just for us to start the conversation.

I wish I had started keeping tabs on the amount of time I have spent on the phone, just in the past month, talking to CSR people in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. As well as the fulfillment people with CVS/Caremark that sadly cannot do anything without approval of the Wellcare group. Just trying to get the prescription drugs I have been taking for years, now that my provider has changed, due to age-ing out of the program I was enrolled in.

But the other side of this irritating experience, is that I probably don't want to know how much of my life I have invested to this highly frustrating endeavor. The interesting, or possibly not, part of all this is that most of the Rx are actually free, according to the way the ACA has decided to 'tier' the meds. Based, I assume, on cost, and the exorbitant prices the pharmaceutical industry changes for name-brand, patented meds. But the one I have been struggling with, devoting 'way too much time talking to people in the Philipines, will cost me $455 for ninety days. Yes, I am sure we all agree, that sounds a little steep.

They have suggested to me, so I am certain it is written into their 'script': ask for assistance. Which I have not seriously considered, due to the other meds. being provided at nearly no cost. Other than the monthly fee I pay for prescription service. But I am taking my library book and going, prepared to sit and wait it out, to have a turn talking to the people who might (not likely) be willing to consider my plight. And provide some financial support for a prescription that, if filled as written, would cost over Five Freakin' Dollars a Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment