Thursday, July 23, 2015

the impatient patient...

...seems to be doing fairly well. He made me look at the bandage on his chest last night. I'm not sure if it looks like it is supposed to. There has been some leakage, but I am guessing that a bit is not abnormal. He says he feels 'washed out', which is to be expected from the stress of the surgery. I know the doctor probably thinks this procedure so routine, she would not even call it 'surgery'. But I am pretty sure anytime you get sliced open it counts as something more than 'routine'. Certainly not part of my daily/run-of-the-mill activities!

I had to work yesterday, so not sure if he was 100% compliant with the instructions to stay at home, keep quiet and don't do anything more strenuous than an occasional trip to the bathroom. I'd like to believe he will do as told, and think that just the process has made him lethargic enough that he has no interest in much activity. But also know how prone he is to not abide by advice that he pays medical personnel a pile of money to give.

So, we will see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment