Wednesday, July 8, 2015

barely working...

... not really on a soapbox about my employment, but beginning to wonder what is going on. I am torn between trying to stay below the radar, be unnoticed, as invisible as possible, and asking questions. Like: the thought process behind my working a total of eight hours for the week?

I was actually prepared to ask, then looked at the schedule for the upcoming week, and find that I have twice as much for the week that starts on Saturday. I've been able to wheedle and finagle some more hours out of the produce dept. guys for several weeks, but think that might be coming to an end. So I either need to step up and get more assertive (not likely) or practice being content with just working two days a week. The theory of contentment looks more and more appealing all the time.

Along with going tomorrow to ask the people where I applied for another part time job last week when they might be likely to start interviewing. I'm in a quandary about what I would do if they do make an offer. Wondering about the likelihood of doing both, and still having time to ramble at will all over the state, visiting people I would much rather see than spending time with co-workers.

The upside of only working four hours today is that I can go to meet with community group folks tonight. I have been on the work schedule Wednesdays for weeks and weeks, and thus missing getting together with those people who have become a second family, loving, caring, supporting, doing life together. So it will be nice to have the time available to go and see/meet with those people in my church/community/fellowship group.

No comments:

Post a Comment