Monday, July 27, 2015

do not like sprinklers...

...or the idea of wasting water on lawns. But sadly, have bought two sprinklers for keeping the grass green in recent weeks.  The guy who lives here decided he would pay to get a small area in front of the house sodded. So we have been diligent about keeping that sufficiently wet when it has not rained in a timely manner. I am not sure why he decided to wait until it got blistering  hot to talk to the lawn guy about putting down sod, but it's been a challenge to keep it well-watered over recent weeks.

Plus the doofus who was sent to cut it last week decided it was too long/tall and cut it so short it looked scalped. Which means, that though those grass blades are pretty narrow and not what you might consider 'shade', there is even less now that the grass is so short, requiring even more water to keep it alive. I'm so totally opposed to watering to keep lawns green. More of the 'just let it go' persuasion.

That same doofus is the reason I had to go back to K-mart last week and buy another sprinkler. He moved the one that has been out on the little patch of new sod, left it lying in the middle of the drive way when he 'scalped' the new grass.   I totally forgot about that, until I heard the little plastic connection where you attach the hose go 'crunch', when I ran over it with my car. And said: well, $#@&!  It's my fault, so I did not hesitate to pay for another one, but called the guy who runs the lawn service and blistered his ears.

I've been running sprinklers all morning. And for hours overnight. To try to save it, since it was so expensive and really does look so nice, out there being lush and healthy. I drag the hoses around all the time, aiming for specific things, trying to keep stuff I have planted alive when it is so blistering hot and unbelievably dry. But as far as having a nice green 'carpet' to look at for eye-appeal: I really don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment