Thursday, July 9, 2015

nothing on...

my calendar today except a hair cut. Some plans to go to lunch and a movie with friends, but that is not even something I write down. I don't have any problem at all remembering Fun, anticipating being amused or spending time with people I care about. On the other hand: if it pertains to being employed and under constant stress/supervision, I have to write it down in several places, constantly consult my sticky notes, and continually remind myself to put on work clothes when I get up and dressed.

I've been needing to get out in the yard and pull some weeds before they go to seed and become a bigger problem. So will try to get that done this morning before it gets too steamy hot. And hope I will find the motivation to stake and tie up those tomato plants that are roaming, uncontained all over the garden plot in the corner of the yard. I've picked a couple of tomatoes that have been unusual. I planted one variety that was a 'heirloom' and would produce purple fruit. They really did. The ones I have brought in the house, have been only about half-way ripe, but a combination of purple and green. And have actually been purple, when compared to the image you would normally have of what a tomato is supposed to look like. I didn't get to taste it, so cannot report on the flavor. But the man who did eat it, adds so much superfluous stuff: mayo, pepper, salt, you don't actually know there is a tomato in there anyway, except for the juicy part.

The best intentions: to drive the stakes in the ground when I planted them, for the eventual need to tie the wandering vines up as they grew, went awry. So that project has been neglected far too long. I will coat my person with insect repellant, then armored with Skin-So-Soft, sally forth to battle the bugs, and steam in sauna-like humidity, work till it's too hot to do any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment