Sunday, July 19, 2015

travelin'...

to and fro. Drove up to Decatur on Thursday, after having llunch with a friend. Really good chunky chicken salad at a local café, that is, I think only open for the mid-day meal. Apparently doing enough business, with a steady clientele that supports their good home cookin' eats to serve lunch and keep the operation operating.

My plan was to spend the night in Decatur and drive over to SC on Friday, visit some of my favorite people and get back to Decatur before it dark. Most of that worked out according to my plan. Had a good visit with my pen pal, a ninety-three year old man who lives in Greenville. We went to do some shopping, and I helped him with wrapping some bridal gifts he purchased. He is such a sweet, thoughtful guy. A pair of young couples in the church he attends were being feted with bridal showers, and he wanted to go, take gifts to each of the brides-to-be. They had registered some kitchen items at the Bed and Bath store, so we went across town, picked up things that will be very useful for young people starting out as newlyweds, furnishing their first home. I wrapped them for him, and he will take gifts to present to the young couples when he attends the bridal showers at his neighborhood church.

We had yummy juicy tomato sandwiches for lunch. Grown by a neighbor who left them on his doorstep. Lots of bad-for-you mayonnaise and plain old white bread, salt and pepper. Oh, my goodness.  And delicious, perfectly ripe cantaloupe.

Then I went to visit a cousin, who lives nearby. We always amuse ourselves well, looked at photos on grandkids, and laughed at antics of little people. Went to eat, then I started back to GA. And immediately got stuck in Friday afternoon traffic. Before I could even get back on the interstate to head towards Atlanta. Vehicles were backed up for miles along the access road leading to I-85. People had pulled over, sitting along the right of way, waiting for the parking lot to clear. I asked a semi-truck driver what was going on, and he reported a five car wreck several miles ahead. I guess five tow trucks resolved the mess, and it finally sorted out. I was after ten o'clock getting back into town, and flopping into bed.

Had to get up early to get back to work at ten o'clock on Saturday. And again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment